Tuesday 12 July 2011

Fruitful Cambridge

One of the things I'm looking forwards to about our forthcoming summer cruise (we leave in under two weeks!) is looking out for wild growing fruit - the sheer quantities that Helen from I know a bank where the wild thyme grows has found is quite amazing!

Nearly ripe!
But in the meantime I'm keeping an eye out in Cambridge. Helpfully, Transition Cambridge has created a Fruit Map of the city using Google Maps with all the fruit trees in public spaces marked out. What a good idea! Wouldn't it be wonderful to begin to create something similar for the waterways?


EDIT: Just found there is one in London too! And one for the US that has an iPhone App.

twitter // facebook // email // follow // any questions?

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a fantastic idea, Amy! I'm already begining to compile a sort of mental map, I should write it down. Andy's just told me there's a map widget that I could stick on my blog and add to it as I find things. I shall investigate. How exciting! We're off to Huddersfield in three weeks so I'll start by charting that trip :) Meanwhile, have a look at the links on this site - they've got some useful things: http://abundancebirmingham.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea Amy! Thanks for including the links.

    ReplyDelete