Thursday 21 July 2011

Calming Chamomile

I got the Forager's Handbook by Miles Irving out of the library and have been looking out for the plants he describes. One which I have seen in abundance now I know what to look for is wild chamomile, also known as pineapple weed. It is a different species to chamomile - it looks similar, but without the white petals, just the yellow head. The best way to identify it is by its smell - strong, fruity and distinctly pineappley! It grows best in disturbed ground in poor soil. 



Tea made from the plant, like chamomile, is supposed to be calming, so I have been drinking a lot of it this week to calm my Bumps nerves! I'm doing pretty well, whether it be as a result of the tea or not. Actually looking forwards to tonight!

twitter // facebook // email // follow // any questions?

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous book! I'm doing a foraging course with Miles in October :)

    ReplyDelete