Sunday 27 March 2011

My Favourite Finds v.5

I'm very excited to be sharing this week's find. I first saw these Dr. Martens in the Mind shop about a week ago. I tried them on but I didn't buy them. At £25, even though I knew they were a bargain (new they are £75-85), I still didn't feel like spending the money. But then I came back a week later, and they were still there. I asked facebook and twitter for people's opinions and got a barrage of encouraging messages. But still, I waited until the next day, and they were still there when I came back in the morning. In fact one of the reasons I decided I had to have them was that the strict dress code for graduation requires black shoes. And I don't actually own any other than some uncomfortable heels. So I shall be wearing DMs to graduate in which is satisfyingly subversive (even if they are not traditional DMs, they are as one friend put it what "punks wear in the summer")!

Originally: Dr Martens
Charity shop: Mind




Displaying some of my collection of crazy tights as well as the shoes. They are surprisingly comfortable and also they have the kid of heel that you don't notice but makes you an inch and a half taller. Bonus!



1 comment:

  1. Nah, 18 hole boots would have been subversive!
    I've got some shoes just like that for best. But £25!!!! That is taking the mickey, charity or not.

    ReplyDelete