Friday 12 October 2012

1000 posts

So, this is our 1000th blog post! 

My very first post was about a little dog I saw on the tube, and it soon became a blog about looking for, buying and moving on to our narrowboat Lucky Duck. I began the blog in November 2007, a month after James and I got together, so as much as anything else this blog has been a documentation of our adventure! Five years ago I hardly dared hope that in 2012 we'd be living the dream - afloat on our boat, with a little cat and a beautiful city centre mooring. But here we are, and it's brilliant.

The blog has also connected us with some wonderful people over the years, many of whom we would count among our good friends. In fact it is through some of them that we got hooked on historic boats! This blog has definitely enhanced our experience of boat dwelling. So, thank you, to all those who read and comment, those we've met and those we've yet to meet, it wouldn't be the same without you! 

Here's to another 1000 posts!


Leaving Smethwick on Lucky Duck, one hour after collecting it. Photo taken by John, Lucky Duck's previous owner.

twitter // facebook // email // follow // any questions?

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I remember reading your blog when you were looking for a boat. I felt like cheering when you found the right one! I was jealous then and never thought we would get to live the dream but here we are!
    Congratulations on 1000 posts.
    Elly
    Ellyandmick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete