Walking along the Regents Canal (can't keep away!) the other day, James and I came across this little family. However, despite being a something of a bird geek, I have no idea what it is. Clearly not your run of the mill Mallard. I wonder if the Regents Canal has stocks of more interesting birds? Can anyone help?
Thursday, 22 May 2008
Mystery Duck
Walking along the Regents Canal (can't keep away!) the other day, James and I came across this little family. However, despite being a something of a bird geek, I have no idea what it is. Clearly not your run of the mill Mallard. I wonder if the Regents Canal has stocks of more interesting birds? Can anyone help?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




It looks like a female Mandarin duck, the chicks however look like mallard chicks. Or it could be a heinz 57 variety that you often see on canals and rivers.
ReplyDeleteYeah, my dad (who knows his ornithology) reckons its a mongrel cross-breed duck.
ReplyDelete