Monday 17 September 2012

Vertically Challenged

That's me. I am hoping to do some jam making this year, and identified a lovely plum tree from the Cambridge fruit map. However, I just cant reach the fruit, even when I climbed up it I could only reach a handful of them! I am going to have to invest in some kind of grabber or hook (boathook would be great but this tree is nowhere near the river so i need something more lightweight) to bring the branches down so that I can get to them! 



twitter // facebook // email // follow // any questions?

3 comments:

  1. Can you shake the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy -you will be wanting one of these gizmos:

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Darlac-GF596-Fruit-Picking-Basket/dp/B002KLDB6W/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1347907333&sr=8-9

    Available on Amazon for not a lot. Was picking Damsons with one today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can recommend a plum-picking helper for you, complete with experience but lacking manners.
    http://otm-cruisenews.blogspot.ca/2011/09/black-bear-in-plum-tree.html

    ReplyDelete