Tuesday 27 November 2012

Meet the Boaters 3 - Mort

This is a new series I've started on the blog - a chance to meet some of  the diverse bunch of people who live on boats on the canals and rivers. I've asked them all to answer a few questions about themselves and their life afloat!

Mort is a friend of ours, and she has a blog at www.mortimerbones.blogspot.com



Mort, 38, Research Scientist




How did you end up living afloat?
My friend, who lived on a narrowboat, went off to Africa as a Voluntary Service Officer and asked whether I would like to look after his boat while he was away for two years. Unbeknown to him I needed somewhere to live so I moved on board. By the time he came home I couldn’t quite come to terms with moving back into the stationary world of the land so I purchased my own boat.

What is your favourite thing about living afloat?

The water is a great place for a tired and weary mind.

And your least favourite?

Other people running generators for hours on end

Has living on a boat changed you at all?

I am not sure anything changes us, it just helps us become who we were meant to be. (I love this - I  think I was always meant to be a boater too! - Amy)

If you'd like to be involved, do get in touch using one of these methods below. I'd love to feature you and your boat!


2 comments:

  1. Ah very perceptive Dr Bones as always (Q4), perhaps that is why I found it all so alienating. I have just one more thing to say ........SAUSAGES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mention the sausages!!!! Giggle.

    ReplyDelete