So. I have told my work that my last day is Friday 1st August. That evening we shall probably take a train up to Birmingham, stay overnight aboard the boat, and set off early Saturday 2nd August. The current owner has kindly allowed us to keep the boat on his mooring in Birmingham until we're ready to set off.
A logistical nightmare lies ahead though. Currently I have my stuff in my room in London, and James has his stuff in his room in Cambridge. After his graduation on Thursday 26th June, James has to move everything out of his place. Or rather BEFORE. Because we're going up to Birmingham to oversee the survey the weekend immediately after that. So he'll put some stuff back at his parents' houses in Bracknell, some in my room in London, and some in various boathouses etc (with permission). Luckily for me, I have my London room until Monday 25th August, so we can pick it up when we come to London by boat...
And then theres licensing but I'll save that for another post.
Odds 'n' Sods While Waiting for Repairs
1 hour ago