Tuesday 19 June 2012

A Few Days in France

Last week I got back from a lovely week in France, with my dad, my littlest sister and her boyfriend. We had the run of my dad's friend's holiday cottage in exchange for my dad's transporting a dinghy (on a trailer) to the house for them. The cottage was on the south coast of Brittany, in the Gulf of Morbihan.

We had a lovely time, despite changeable weather, mostly eating and relaxing as well as a bit of exploring of the local area. We found a WW2 gun emplacement bunker which we investigated with torches.(I studied these fortifications fro my Architecture dissertation so I am a bit geeky about them!) James would have really enjoyed it too but alas he had to stay at home and work.  

I came back early to attend James's grandmother's funeral, but that did at least mean I got to fly back, and have a little adventure, getting the train across Brittany at 5 in the morning to catch the plane!

Here are a few photos:















twitter // facebook // email // follow // any questions?

1 comment: