Wednesday 6 April 2011

St Catherine's College, Oxford

Today, I am at a conference on climate change adaptation for buildings. It's been a fascinating day of talks and meeting people. The conference is being held at St Catharine's College Oxford, and is over two days so I'm staying overnight there (for free! - thanks to the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council!).
St Catharine's is one of Oxford's newer colleges, and some have said to me that they don't like it as much as the old ones. Fair enough, but I think it's wonderful. It was designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1962, so it's not to everyone's taste, but to wander around it in the sunshine this evening before dinner was simply glorious.














twitter // facebook // email // follow // any questions?

2 comments:

  1. Ha. In my day, Catz main building had aluminium foil in most of the windows during the summer because there was too much sunlight pouring in. Climate control!

    ReplyDelete