Monday 1 July 2013

New Adventures for Lucky Duck


Lucky Duck is now officially sold. The money is in my account and the new owners will be taking it on tomorrow, July 2nd 2013, nearly five years after we moved on board on August 1st 2008. At this point I should say a big thank you to Hartford Marina in Huntingdon, who managed the sale of the boat. I wholeheartedly recommend their brokerage services - not only did the boat sell quickly, but the process was stress-free, the service was professional but friendly, and I was kept well informed throughout. A stark contrast to our experience of trying to sell privately earlier this year!

I think it helped to sell the boat locally- out on the canals there are hundreds of similar boats but in this part of the country there are relatively few, so a well priced, sound boat with a recent survey sold quickly. It was only for sale at Hartford for a week before we accepted an offer!

For the moment, the Duck will be moored as a non-residential craft at the Fish and Duck marina at Popes Corner, until her owners' names come up to the top of the waiting list in Cambridge. Then, we may be neighbours! 

We are sad to see our first boat go, but I also feel a sense of relief that we can now fully focus on Willow and all the work we still need to do. 


9 comments:

  1. Awesome! Congratulations on the sale of your boat!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're all sorted. Enjoy Willow now without worries. How is Lyra settling down now? Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Duck is Awesome look like classic boats.. nice sharing!! Custom Aluminum Fishing Boats Builder

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great way to share your blessing to others who are in need. I really want to be apart of it.
    Great data for CZ Jewelry website

    ReplyDelete
  5. At this point I should say a big thank you to Hartford Marina in Huntingdon, who managed the sale of the boat.
    Get Best Info for Yoga Teacher Training in Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stark contrast to our experience of trying to sell privately earlier this year!
    Cloud Hosted Phone System

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was my dad that made changes to the boat and re built it .. I’m not sure if the history is correct as the boat did not look in any way as it does now. The boat was much smaller and my dad added the bow and stern on .. that’s how it got re roofed to add it all together .. if you want all the photos of the work let me know xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details, 247officedept@gmail.com. /  Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Mr Benjamin put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may be surprised why I put things like this here but I really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking financial help or going through hardship with their business or want to start a business project can see this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.


    ReplyDelete